Since our inception, Omni has worked with many military customers, stocking an extensive inventory of industry-specific items. We also possess the know-how to identify and source other military parts, for example, the components that are used in critical fail-safe backup systems. Our 30+ years of experience in this arena have inspired a company-wide focus on lot traceability, plus a belief in the importance of correct and appropriate paperwork.
Solutions and Services
- Ability to source standard and non-standard product from prototype to production volumes
- Engagement with customers and engineers during new product introduction processes to advise most cost-effective solutions that meet their quality and safety need
- Ability to supply items per-print or customer drawing’s specifications
- Fasteners or hardware (nuts, bolts, screws, rivets, washers, studs, pins, collars, eyelets, collars), O-rings, gaskets, clamps, fabrication, hinges, identification labels and stickers, retaining rings, seals, shims, and springs
- We offer metric and imperial products for the aviation and aerospace industry that meet United States Military specifications, known as MIL-SPEC or MIL-STD. Below are a list of common standards or classifications we offer:
- AS: Aerospace Standards; some MS specifications have been replaced by AS standards.
- AN: Army Navy; this specification series lasted from the early 1940s until the 1950s as a way of standardizing military items for World War II.
- MS: Military Standard; this standard replaced the AN hardware series in the 1950s and lasted until the 1990s when the Secretary of Defense canceled the MS series and caused new standards to be created, such as NASM, to replace the MS ones.
- NAS: National Aerospace Standards; this series started in the 1940s and it is known for its high strength, precision fasteners.
- Ability to supply exotic ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- Common materials supplied include carbon steel, alloy steel, aluminum, brass, copper, plastics, Hastalloy, Nema G, Nylon, stainless steel, Inconel, Monel and Titanium
- We offer a variety of material surface finishes including barrel and rack electro platting (nickel, tin, copper, cadmium, zinc trivalent and hexavalent), chemical treatments (black oxide, passivation, phosphate, anodizing, wax/lube), electroless nickel, electropolish, mechanically deposited zinc and galvanizing, spray coating (Teflon, Geomet, Magni, Xylan, WS2) and hydrogen embrittlement relief
- Other secondary processes we offer include heat treatment (induction, case, and through hardening), grinding (outer diameter, inner diameter, and Blanchard), thread rolling, and locking features (Nylon patch, pellet, and strip)
- We partner with external labs for destructive (tensile, hardness, elongation, proof load) and nondestructive testing (magnetic particle)