TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Manually Provide: Omni Fasteners collects information—including Personal Information—that you knowingly and manually provide when you use our Site or Customer Service. For example:
- If you use a “contact us” form to ask us a question, we will collect whatever Personal Information you submit with or include in your question.
- If you order products through our Site or Customer Service, we will ask you to provide the information we need to process and ship your order, such as your email address, billing and shipping address and perhaps your credit card
The type of Personal Information we collect varies depending upon how you contact us and how you use our Site and Customer Service.
Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser: We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser. This information typically includes your IP address, the identity of your Internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages on our Site that you visit. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. Your IP address is the identifier assigned to your particular computer when you access the Internet. IP addresses do not include your name, email address or other Personal Information, but in some cases, they can be used to identify you. For example, if you have registered with our Site, we may link your IP address to account information that identifies you personally. We may also use IP addresses in connection with other information gathered elsewhere in an attempt learn the identities or general geographic locations of people who visit our Site. If we suspect inappropriate or criminal activity or a threat to our Site or its users, we may share our server logs—which contain users’ IP addresses—with the appropriate investigative authorities, who could use that information to trace and identify individuals.
- Collect information about the ways visitors use our Site—which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page;
- Support the features and functionality of our Site—for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits; and
- Personalize your experience when you use our Site, including by serving targeted
Generally, the information we collect using these web technologies does not identify you personally. If, however, you have created a user account, we may link the information we collect using these web technologies to other information that identifies you personally. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to set the browser of your computer to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is delivered. You may also be able to delete our cookies as soon as you leave our Site. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit our Site, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of our Site.
Information from your mobile device: If you access our Site through your mobile device, we may automatically collect certain information from or about your mobile device. The types of information we may collect include the type of device you use, your device’s unique ID, the IP address of your device, your device’s operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use our mobile website. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device.
Information Collected by Third-Party Cookies: In addition to the cookies Omni Fasteners delivers to your computer through our Site, certain third parties may deliver cookies to you for a variety of reasons. You have choices about the collection of information by third parties on our Site. For example, if you would like to opt-out of having interest-based information collected by certain entities during your visits to our Site or any other company websites, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH OUR SITE OR CUSTOMER SERVICE
Generally, we use the information we collect to:
- Provide the information, products and services you request;
- Provide you with effective customer service;
- Provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Site;
- Contact you with information and notices related to your use of our Site;
- Contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- Invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- Improve the content, functionality and usability of our Site;
- Better understand your needs and interests;
- Improve our products and services;
- Improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- Identify a robot;
- Provide security, credit or fraud prevention; and
- Effect any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice or other agreement between you and us.
In some jurisdictions, individuals may have the right to withdraw consent from certain uses. If you reside in such jurisdictions, you may have additional rights which are detailed in the section below entitled Your California Privacy Rights below. In all cases, any service providers will be contractually limited in the way they may use personal information maintained by Omni Fasteners, including requirements that such information be maintained in a confidential and secure manner. If, in the future, we merge with or are acquired by another company, or change our structure, we may transfer your personally identifiable information to the surviving or acquiring entity. We will also disclose your personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith we are required to do so (a) by law or to comply with the law or legal process; (b) to protect and defend our rights or property or the rights or property of our clients; or (c) in an emergency to protect the personal safety of our employees, clients, visitors or the public. Omni Fasteners may also disclose information to its accountants, auditors, agents, lawyers and other advisors in connection with the enforcement or protection of our legal rights or to protect the interests or safety of our customer, our customers’ customers or employees or others, in accordance with or as authorized by law.
Use of Aggregated Information: We may use information gathered through our Site and Customer Service to create a compiled, aggregate view of our visitors and their usage patterns. We use aggregated information to operate our services and to better understand our visitors as we develop new products and services. We may also share aggregated information with our third-party service providers as well as with other third parties so they can better understand the market we serve. Aggregate information is not personally identifiable.
Access to, Updating or Deletion of Collected Information: Upon request, Omni Fasteners will provide individuals the ability to correct, update, or remove their personal information collected by us. Customers are responsible for keeping their contact information current and accurate and may do so by checking and, if necessary, modifying their profile. To request that we correct, update, or remove personal information from our Site or our email system:
- Email us: [email protected]
- Phone: 440-838-1800 (Mon-Fri: 8:00AM — 5:00PM EDT)
Unsubscribing from E-Mail Marketing: Recipients of our email marketing messages can unsubscribe from receiving promotional email using the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of the email message or by sending a request with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to [email protected]. You can also contact us at our Phone: 440-838-1800 (Mon-Fri: 8:00AM — 5:00PM EDT).
Steps We Take to Safeguard your Personal Information: We maintain reasonable administrative, physical and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information you submit on or through our Site or through Customer Service. Unfortunately, no website, server, or database is completely secure or “hacker-proof.” We therefore cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will not be disclosed, misused, or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others.
Your California Privacy Rights: If you are a California resident, California law provides you with the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you. To submit a request to know, you may call us at 440-838-1800 or by emailing us at [email protected]
- The right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about To submit a request for deletion, you may call us at 440-838-1800 or by emailing us at [email protected]
- You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request for access or deletion on your behalf by emailing us at [email protected]
BY USING OUR SITE AND OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE COLLECTION, USE, AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN OR TO THE UNITED STATES OR TO ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY.
This Policy May Change: This Policy describes Omni Fasteners’ current policies and practices regarding the information, including Personal Information, we collect through our Site and Customer Service. We are continually improving and adding to the features and functionality of our Site and the services we offer. As a result of these changes (or changes in the law), we may need to update or revise this Policy. Accordingly, we reserve the right to update or modify this Policy at any time, without prior notice. Your continued use of our Site and our Customer Service after we have posted the revised Policy constitutes your agreement to be bound by the revised Policy. This Policy and any revisions are effective on the date appearing on the top of each page of this Site.
All Omni Fasteners e-Media Users
Legal, Risk & Compliance
June 12, 2023